Leonid Afremov

 Leonid Afremov in his Studio - Image from his Deviant Art Account


Author's Site                                                                                                                       Biography

"I'm a professional artist. i paint with palette knife with oil on canvas. Art is my life and I paint every single day: seeing people enjoying my art makes me happy. God gave me the gift of being able to paint well and I thank him for that ."

[ Leonid Afremov ]

Leonid Afremov is a Belorussian-Israeli modern impressionistic artist, well known for his use of bright colors on canvas. His technique - oil paints spread with palette knives - is astonishing, for the vibrancy it confers to the subjects he represents. The charm of the touch along with the dreamy atmosphere of his works suggests the beauty he craves for and the passion for his own art. The use of highly tactile palette strokes infuses life to the painting, transporting the observer directly into the scene, thus slipping out of the the dull reality, to find shelter in a complete new dimension full of color and passions. The scenes are enclosed into a frame made of colorful tones, composed with trees and reflections of the light into the sky, which reassure the spectator, making him/her feeling safe, calm, happy.




“Every artwork is the result of long painting process; every canvas is born during the creative search; every painting is full of my inner world. Each of my paintings brings different moods, colors and emotions. I love to express the beauty, harmony and spirit of this world in my paintings.”

 [ Leonid Afremov ]

Afremov shows the connection among people by depicting everyday life moments of caring, loving, amusement and sadness: he chooses to represent the human internal life, allowing the watcher to empathize with the subjects in the painting, enhancing the pure harmony of single moments of real feelings, seeming to suggest that happiness is not eternal, but the sum of all the moments in which we felt understood, joyful and loved.











Leonid Afremov - Bull Fight - Oil on Canvas 





Comments

Popular Posts